Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day!



Well, we have 3-4 inches of snow on the ground! It just started mixing with freezing rain and it's supposed to turn back to snow this afternoon and not let up until 2am. So I guess we could have quite a bit by tomorrow morning!

I do have to tell a story though about something that happened exactly 25 years ago this very weekend (Feb. 1, 1985). I believe it was garbage day in Troutdale, Oregon, and my dad forgot to take out the trash before he went to work. My mom, being nine months and one day pregnant with me, noticed this right as the garbage man was coming down our street. So she rushed to get the garbage out to the curb...in the snow! In her scurrying, she fell down the driveway and I was born just a couple hours later!

So, Anna Kate, are you going to come in a snowstorm too? And are we going to share a birthday? Or do we have to wait just a little while longer to meet you?

No comments:

Post a Comment